Friday 14 February 2014

Glossybox backlog!


One of my fab friends already receives her glossybox once a month but doesn't use everything she gets. Lucky me because she gave me this haul! I will try to write about bits and bob's when I use them but as a lot are creams, I will need to use them for at least a week to gauge how much I like/dislike them.

This week I've been using;

Yves Rocher Cocoa & Orange Hand Cream
Rituals Magic Touch Cherry Blossom & Rice Milk Body Cream
Dermalogica Clear Start Foaming Wash
Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream
Figs & Rouge Coco-Rose Lip Balm
Balance Me Super Toning Body Wash
MeMeMe Cherub's Blush Cheek and Lip Tint

Click on the brand to go straight to their website...


Dermalogica Clear Start Foaming Wash

First of all, I love how the lid opens on this, it literally makes me smile every time I use it (simple things...) I'm not even gonna tell you what it does, just get it. Unlike other 'foaming' washes it doesn't actually produce a 'foam', which is just an observation, I'm not too bothered! Other skin clearing products tend to dry the skin but at no point has my skin felt tight or sore. Smells pretty darn good too, kinda like ginger ale, and it's definitely cleared my skin. I would totally buy this.

Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream

I can't pretend I don't enjoy the name, and I definitely don't include the -... childish it may be, but again, it's the simple things! (Well done if you don't understand what im talking about, you are officially a better person than me) This smells kinda like vapour rub, which is a plus for me as it's my nostrils that get particularly dry (is that a weird thing?) and because of the vapour rub smell it's oddly comforting! That said, it's a great moisturizer, perfect for my handbag when I'm caught short because of my weird nostrils...

Rituals Magic Touch Cherry Blossom & Rice Milk Body Cream

This...Smells...Heavenly... it moisturizes amazingly, it absorbs into the skin almost instantly  so when putting on skinny jeans straight afterwards you aren't hopping around like a lunatic and did I mention the awesome smell? Only (mini) downside is that a little doesn't go a long way. I am an e everyday moisturizer and would get through this super quick. That said, I would definitely buy this again, my skin is so soft!

Figs & Rouge Coco-Rose Lip Balm

 I don't dislike this product but I doubt I will buy it one it has run out. It's quite heavy, almost like a body moisturizer. The colour tint is subtle to a point where it's barely visible, and it smells slightly odd, well it's not unpleasant, just...odd.

Balance Me Super Toning Body Wash

I'm not sure how much this tones, but it has made my skin feel softer after a shower. The consistency is quite gloopy, so I think I use more than is necessary. It smells awesome, with a mixture of juniper, bergamot, geranium and lavender. Also all ingredients are 99% natural origin, which is good in my book.

Yves Richer Cocoa & Orange Hand Cream

Another product that smells delicious, I want to lick my hands when I'm wearing this... or just sniff them, either way makes you look unhinged. I do pole fitness and get calluses on my hands (gross) but this has definitely helped. I usually keep a hand cream in my bag and use it whenever I remember, being a hairdresser means my hands get abused by water and chemicals, so I try and moisturize as much as possible to avoid ninety year old hands at age thirty! I would buy this, it smells ridiculously good.

Mememe Cherub's Blush Cheek and Lip Tint

This is Benetint by Benefit. I can't find any discernible difference. Like it on my lips under a clear gloss, have a habit of making myself look like a doll when it's on my cheeks as it dries before I've sorted my life out.Yesterday I had pink lines on my cheeks all day, I'm a rubbish girl...

Have you tried any of these? Do you get a glossybox? What's your favourite product so far?

Katy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment